“Keeping Faith – Season Three” (2021)
Created by: Matthew Hall
Featuring: Eve Myles, Hannah Daniel, Matthew Gravelle, Bradley Freegard, Mark Lewis Jones, Mali Harries and Aneirin Hughes
Megan: “People just don’t go missing, even I know that.”
Released recently on DVD is the second season of the Welsh drama “Keeping Faith” that features Eve Myles in the lead role playing a complex character in a very complex television show.
Faith, a small-town Welsh lawyer, is forced to cut short her extended maternity leave when her husband and business partner, Evan, disappears whilst she is on maternity leave following the birth of their third child. As the truth of his actions surface, Faith must fight to protect her family and her sanity.
The second season picks up 18 months after the cliffhanger of the first season, we find Faith reassembling her life after Evan’s unexpected return — and outrunning the demons he brought with him — while plunging into a new mystery.
While the first series was united by a central mystery, the second series without this felt messy and chaotic, with great performances unable to save the show from feeling more like a mess of stuff rather than a series with momentum and an engaging throughline.While this may not be the case, season one felt like a complete story that season two sometimes struggles to follow up.
There is no doubt that while this is a finely crafted show by people who definitely know what they are doing and hopefully where they are going this show rest on the performance of Eve Myles who has been many places in her career, finding herself at the centre of a bonafide hit both in terms of the number of viewers and it becoming a critical darling.
- Faith and Evan’s divorce and custody battle goes from bad to worse. Faith juggles being a mother and a lawyer, and an unwanted visitor returns.
- Unsettled by Rose’s reappearance in her life, Faith struggles to keep everything together and focus on Osian’s case. Evan decides to keep a closer eye on Faith’s every move.
- As Faith’s mind is on helping Mike get justice for Osian and keeping Rose away from her family, she loses sight of the effect the divorce is having on her children.
- Faith and Cerys fight for Osian at the Court of Appeal. Faith meets up with a friend from the past to get information on Rose. Evan continues to keep a watchful eye on Faith.
- As Faith ignores her attempts to make amends Rose puts the second stage of her plan into action, putting Steve and Evan’s futures in jeopardy. Time’s running out for Osian.
- Rose’s revenge steps up a gear and sees Faith having to fight for all that’s dear to her. Does Rose have more guts than Faith gives her credit for?