“Narcos – Season Three” (2015 – present) Drama, Television Series, Action, Thriller Episodes: 10 Created by: Carlo Bernard, Doug Miro, Chris Brancato Featuring: Wagner Moura, Boyd Holbrook, Pedro Pascal, Paulina Gaitan, Juan Murcia Javier Pena: “Sometimes you gotta do bad things to catch bad people.” Yet another excellent Netflix show makes it ways onto Blu-ray and DVD this month and […]
“Narcos – Season Three” (2015 – present)
Drama, Television Series, Action, Thriller
Created by: Carlo Bernard, Doug Miro, Chris Brancato
Featuring: Wagner Moura, Boyd Holbrook, Pedro Pascal, Paulina Gaitan, Juan Murcia
Javier Pena: “Sometimes you gotta do bad things to catch bad people.”
Yet another excellent Netflix show makes it ways onto Blu-ray and DVD this month and like many of their offerings they hit it out of the park. And in early news the show has been renewed up to at least season 4, so you should really start now!
One of the big changes in the new season of “Narcos” is that Boyd Holbrook has now left the show so the voiceover has been taken over by Pedro Pascal the new lead of the series. The character of Steve Murphy left the DEA shortly after Escobar’s death in reality, and Holbrook has been written out of the show as well.
Holbrook is a good actor, he had his moments, but Pascal was always more compelling, as well as for me being more fascinating to watch, he was just a better character and actor. “Narcos” has clearly thought about how to rejuvenate and reinvent itself in the wake of Escobar’s death, the show is focused on the DEA’s attempt to bring down the Cali cartel, an organization that funneled illegal drugs, as well as everything that went with them into the US.
The Cali cartel, not the DEA, is the complicated organization full of squabbling individuals with separate motivations; and it’s the DEA that seems increasingly haunted and run to ground, especially since Peña is by far the most interesting figure there.
By shuffling Steve Murphy and Pablo Escobar offscreen in its third season, Narcos handily indicates that the story here isn’t about any one character, or even any one plot. It’s about the overall battle against illegal drugs, and the darkness that resulted (on both sides) from trying to force genies back into bottles.
I recommend this television show highly and in fact it is eminently rewatch able particular as new seasons are released. This is a must watch for fans of great drama.
- “The Kingpin Strategy”: The Gentlemen of Cali gather their associates together for a big surprise announcement about the future of their business. To retire from Business.
- “The Cali KGB”: A gas incident threatens to destroy the agreement between Cali and the government and requires Jorge’s help. Peña has problems with his old contact in Los Pepes.
- “Follow the Money”: The Rodríguez brothers are hiding during the negotiations. Pacho meets the Lord of the Skies in Mexico. Peña’s new DEA team visits Cali.
- “Checkmate”: Peña hatches a plan to try to capture Cali leader Gilberto Rodriguez. Amado proposes a business idea to Pacho. Maria Salazar and her son are reunited and form a family with Miguel Rodriguez.
- “MRO”: Rodriguez is in jail. Paranoid about leaks, Miguel cracks down on his security. Colonel Martinez needs to resign, as false evidence about him accepting bribes has come up. Calderón, the dirty cop, is being blamed for the mistakes that led to Rodriguez’ arrest. Pacho makes a decision about his new offer. Peña tries to convince the US citizen Christina to make her husband, Franklin Jurado, the main money launderer for the Cali Cartel, flip. Gilberto is shocked by his son’s words of not being able to surrender anymore.
- “Best Laid Plans”: Jorge takes a dangerous risk collaborating with the DEA. An accident in New York threatens to expose Chepe. Peña travels to Curacao to arrest Franklin Jurado. Miguel and the Cali Cartel suffer a deadly attack by the North Valley Cartel during the party.
- “Sin Salida”: Peña plans another secret operation to topple a member of the Cali Cartel but may run out of time while looking for him.
- “Convivir”: David seeks revenge on behalf of his father and puts Enrique in danger. Peña asks Don Berna for help on a rescue mission.
- “Todos Los Hombres del Presidente”: David follows his suspicions. Peña is shocked to discover the depth of corruption in the Colombian government. Miguel is sought after once again.
- “Going Back to Cali”: David and Peña are in a race against each other to find Pallomari. Peña makes a serious decision about the future of his career.